Monday, February 13, 2006

I am sorely frustrated, due to the fact that the Meligrove Band is playing in Victoria (and oh my fricking Disciples of Zod, I live in Victoria!!!), but it is at a bar, and alas, I am only 18. I would buy a fake id JUST for this show, but being a poor student I don't really have the funds for that. My God, I'd be willing to write "I AM UNDERAGE" in permanent marker on my forehead, or wear a T-Shirt that said "Dear Bartender: Do NOT serve me alcohol under any circumstances", but bouncers don't dig that shit (yo!). I recently went to see Stars in Vancouver at the Croatian Cultural Centre, and frankly, the sea of 13 year olds was...welll, annoying. I'm not "scene", I have lame brown hair, admittedly AWESOME style (but not reflective of my music interests), and i;ve begun play cranium on a regular basis. I also enjoy a good game of scrabble.

MY perfect weekend would consist of a night of Smallville and swooning over Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling, followed by a debate about Krypton, and whether or not "evil" Lex is as sexy as "good" Lex, and whether "Crazy, Sexy Lex" from season 3 (when his father drugged him and institutionalized him) was the sexiest of all. That same evening I would beat my friend Will at Connect Four and be crowned the reigning champion of Ring Road. This would be followed in the morning by "panne-cocaine" from Dedutch (so called because of it's high level of addictiveness), and doing a little shopping at Ditch Records. That afternoon I would probably indulge in some more television (possibly some of the Office, or House, or Lost), and prepare myself for the wicked awesome Meligrove Band. After the concert they would invite me backstage and we'd hang out and play some Cranium. I'd be on a team with Jason Nunes (the singer and pianist), because he is adorable, and Andrew looks too pretentious (though I'm sure he is wicked awesome once you get to appreciate his cynical sense of humour), and Mike is just too scene (though Jay comes in at a close and cuter second place). With a name like Darcy, the drummer would have to be cool, but unfortunately not quite so cute (yes, I've fallen for the indie charm...)

2 comments:

miker said...

that's not your perfect weekend. your perfect weekend would include me.

meghan said...

You got me there. Sorry hun, I was thinking a perfect weekend at UVic. Let me revise: you would definitely be my partner in crime the entire weekend except for the cranium party because those meligrove boys are just too cute.