Friday, March 31, 2006

hooray for tv

I've been avoiding an essay like the plague and I just realized there's only a week left of school before the exam period starts. (Un)Fortunately, two of them occur next week. I haven't decided whether this is a good or a bad thing. Means I won't have the weekend entirely free I suppose.
Chris and Alison have got me back into Buffy the Vampire Slayer in a serious way. I can't wait for tomorrow night, for there's another Buffy marathon planned. One thing I did learn from university, it is SOOOO much better to watch a series in it's entirety from the beginning. Don't jump in halfway, don't settle for one episode a week - download the muthafucka and watch it from start to finish (in as few days as possible). That is the BEST way to go about television. I found it is possible to watch over seven episodes in one sitting (and that was only at the start of this developing trend) without getting bored, because TV, unlike film, is supposed to grab your attention and keep it for an hour. Thus, there is no such thing as a television show just dragging on and on. Shows fly past with individual plots, and the underlying arching story lines are easier to keep up with (there's no forgetting what Willow did last week, or why Xander is upset).
Other shows I am now addicted to include:
-The Office (American version with Steve Carell but I'm dying to see the British version)
-Supernatural (but I never watch it alone, and always in broad daylight!)
-Smallville (The acting may be poor but Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) is ohhh soo sexy!!!!)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer (we're in the middle of season two now)
and last, but DEFINITELY not least
- House, M.D. (Those piercing blue eyes... "oh House, your very name, will never leave this girl the same")

1 comment:

meghan said...

you're right about that one ali...

OMG I used to watch Who's line is it anyways? ALLLLLL the time!!! and the Drew Carey show tooo....