Sunday, April 22, 2007

At least it's not a hummer

I had my mom convinced. She was going to buy a Prius. I was all set to be proud of my environmentally-conscious mother. But then Toyota decided (I guess, I don't know if there was any conscious decision making going on!) that in this most expensive, state-of-the-art hybrid vehicle, they weren't going to bother giving the driver's seat the ability to move up and down. Back and forth - no problem! But not up and down. It was a deal breaker (god knows why), and now the new family car will probably be a Honda CRV - an SUV (which, you know, is pretty much the polar opposite of a hybrid, even if it's probably no worse than the boat we drive now (ford mercury sable...ugh...what an awful car!)). When I have enough money to afford a brand new car, I won't waste it on a gas guzzler. Then again, by the time I can afford to buy a brand new car, the environment will be so far gone that maybe it won't matter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meghan, I enjoy your blog and the way you think. I hope your travels are everything you hope for and more.

Unknown said...

this isn't lucy your best friend, just in case that was confusing :)