Monday, April 23, 2007

on the edge of summer

It's almost that time of year again. Tomorrow I'm going to start packing up my room, and I'm ecstatic and also incredibly sad at the same time. The happiness stems from the fact that I hate being in one place for too long, and so I'm excited to pack up my room and move somewhere new. But I'm also well aware that I'm not moving somewhere new, I'm going back home, to my old room... and that's not exactly exciting. But I've decided I can live with it, as long as I paint my walls this summer. I think it will be enough of a change - and maybe if I move all the furniture around too - that I'll last until next January. Or at least September.

When i get home, I'll be going back to my old high school to get the kids involved in this amazing project started by a girl not much older than myself The Mosqoy Foundation

I might get the chance to work with them while I'm in Peru, or at least meet some of the students involved, who are lucky enough to receive the scholarships this organization provides.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hey Meghan,

It's good to know that someone other than my family will get some use out of my blog. Only 8 more days until I leave. I feel bad for you though. It must be a pain (yet still exciting) to have to count down the days. I guess the only thing to do is live you life vicariously through me, like i did with so many other blogs :)

Oh yeah, and you must go to Bolivia. Let me know if you have any questions about Ecuador or Bolivia. I almost feel like an expert on ecuador travel even though I have not even been there.

Chao