Monday, April 23, 2007

Just blame the Christians

I read this for Environmental Studies, and it was incredibly interesting. I have my own beef with Christianity and organized religion in general - but even if I didn't, I think I still would have found this article enlightening and intriguing. Gotta take it with a grain of salt, but White isn't wrong. There just may be more to the story.

The Historical Roots to our Ecological Crisis


note: as it has come to my attention that people may actually be reading this blog, I just want to say I'm not bashing Christianity. Read the article. It's interesting, and it's not bashing Christians either... it's about how early Christianity was based on an anthropocentric view of the world, and how Christian values are so deeply ingrained into western technology and science (which dominates throughout the world), that we will not be able to resolve our ecological crisis until we entirely reevaluate our core values, and thus our position on the environment. That's all. Well, there's more to it, but that's the gist.

No comments: